This training covers key points of NIPT in clinical practice and provides guidance on why and when to do NIPT - its benefits and limitations.
The following topics are covered in this lecture:
- What is Non-Invasive Cell-Free DNA Testing?
- Common NIPT methodologies – Counting and SNP technology
- When is the ideal time to do NIPT?
- Why do we need non-invasive test?
- Professional recommendations with benefits and limitations of NIPT – cases in which it is most beneficial and which cases in which it is not ideal.
- Guidance on what to do next in case the test result is Positive, Negative or ‘No result’
- Case presentation and abnormal finding like cancer detection
- Contingent screening approach to reduce invasive testing
- Counseling patients regarding NIPT