1. Who is offering this training?
The lectures in this training have been delivered by Team BFMC and Prof. Lindsey Allan.
2. What do we get from this training?
- Delegates will learn the detailed sonographic evaluation of the fetal heart which is performed by a specialist in prenatal diagnosis of congenital heart disease (CHD).
- The first level is the basic 4-chamber view and the second level is the extended basic scan which includes examination of the arterial outflow tracts.
- Delegates can benefit from lectures by our well renowned faculty in fetal cardiology, Prof. Lindsey Allan
- Delegates can learn about the guidelines laid down by the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISUOG) published practice for the screening of CHD during the second trimester of pregnancy and outlined two levels for the screening of low risk fetuses for heart anomalies.
- Each delegate can submit 80+ fetal scan images online at regular intervals for objective review and feedback.
3. How do we benefit from this training?
- Improve your understanding of a fetal heart and its abnormalities
- Learn the art of fetal cardiac scan – a specialized skill
- Enhance your clinical skills for fetal heart evaluation and detection of cardiac anomalies
4. Is this completely an online course? Do I need to attend any classes at the institute?
Yes it is an online program and you can study from anywhere. All you need is a laptop/desktop/tablet with good internet connection. The program is available online for a duration of 6 months, from the date of enrolling. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in the 6 months duration.
5. How much time do I need to dedicate every day to the course?
30 - 40 mins of your time per day would be sufficient to complete the course. Since it is an online program you can open the site whenever you wish to study.
6. Do I get a certificate at the end of this training? If yes, will I have to download it or it will be sent to me as hard copy?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the training after evaluation and successful completion. Yes, you can download the certificate on completion of the training and submission of feedback.
7. Will I get any certification from FMF India?
This training is approved by FMF India but is being offered by Fetal and Gynae Imaging (FGi). Upon course completion, you will be issued a course completion certificate by FGi.
8. What is the importance of this certificate? Is this like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This training is approved by FMF India and is being delivered by well-renowned clinical experts in the field of fetal medicine. The training course will help you enhance your clinical skills for fetal heart evaluation and detection of cardiac anomalies.Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course. But we plan to put this in place in the near future.
9. How long is the duration?
The duration is 6 months.
10. How many images do I have to submit? Who will evaluate these?
You need to submit 80 images (20 for each of these – 4 chamber view, LVOT, RVOT and 3VT). Evaluation is done by FGi faculty.
11. What is the passing criteria?
You need to score minimum 80% to pass/clear the training.
12. Would you be providing soft copy of study materials / books / journals for this training?
No, since this is an online program it can be studied multiple times. You can either make a note of key points for your reference during the lecture or use the option to takes notes on the site itself. There are several references given along with the lectures for better understanding. The course is well designed to address the growing need to understand and diagnose fetal cardiac anomalies. The training also includes invited talks from Prof. Lindsey Allan, live case discussions and Image submissions.
13. What happens when I complete the training within the duration?
Once you clear image evaluation scoring 80% (passing criteria) and more in the training, you will have passed the training. After that you can download the training completion certificate from your account.
14. Will I get access to reading material even after completing the training?
No, once you complete the training and download the certificate you will not be able to access the training and reading material. However, if you complete the training early i.e., before 6 months, you have an option of waiting for the duration to get over before downloading the certificate during which you will continue to have access to the training content.
15. Is there any observership for this program?
It is optional with 1 week duration.
16. Will I be more confident and better prepared in fetal cardiac imaging after successfully completing the course?
We have trained 150 doctors in the last 3 years on fetal programs and have received only positive feedback all the way about the course. You could read the testimonials on the website or check with any of your friends or talk to our Alumni batch regarding feedback.
17. Are there any discounts for bulk registrations?
Yes, there is discount for bulk registrations. 5% for 5 enrolments, 10% for 10, 15% for 15, and 20% for 20 enrolments
18. What comes next for me after this training?
You can take up 3D/4D Ultrasound by Dr Ashok Khurana as the next step to fetal cardiac.