1. Who is conducting this training?
- This training is conducted by the Genetics’ team of BFMC under the guidance of Dr Meenakshi Bhat.
- The lectures in this training have been recorded during a special class on Genetics by a team of fetal medicine experts and Geneticists.
2. What do we get from this training?
- At the end of this training, you will learn all about genetic syndromes, the risk factors involved, likely scenarios and possible diagnosis.
- Understand the several aspects of genetic disorders through case studies, with special emphasis on prenatal diagnosis.
- Learn with the help of illustrations using clinical videos and images from actual cases.
- How to detect chromosomal abnormalities through advanced tests like MLPA, aCGH, and next generation sequencing.
- On successful completion of training program, the certificate is issued by FGi.
3. How do we benefit from this training?
- Learn all about genetic syndromes, the risk factors involved, likely scenarios and possible diagnosis
- Understand genetic disorders with related prenatal diagnosis
- Gain knowledge of advanced techniques in gene testing and identification
- Understand the role of fetal ultrasound in genetic diagnosis
4. Is this completely an online course? Do I need to attend any classes at the institute?
Yes, it is an online program and you can study from anywhere. All you need is a laptop/ desktop/ tablet with good internet connection. The program is available online for a duration of 3 months, from the date of enrolling. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in the 3 months duration.
5. How much time do I need to dedicate every day to the course?
The course consists of 9 lectures of 1-hour duration each. 20-30 mins of your time per day would be sufficient to complete the course comfortably. Since it is an online program you can open the site whenever you wish to study.
6. Do I get a certificate at the end of this course?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course after successful completion.
Certificate of completion will be sent to your registered email.
7. Will I get any certification from FMF India?
No. Upon course completion, you will be issued a course completion certificate by FGi Research Institute, India.
8. What is the importance of this certificate? Is this like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This course is being delivered by renowned clinical experts in the field of fetal medicine and Genetics. The course will help you enhance your knowledge and understand the role of genetics in obstetrics. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
9. How long is the duration of the course?
The duration is 3 months.
10. How many images do I have to submit? Who will evaluate these?
There is no image submission for this training.
11. What are the passing criteria?
There is no assessment for this training, hence no passing criteria.
12. Would you be providing soft copy of study materials /books / journals for this training?
No, since this is an online program it can be studied multiple times. You can either make a note of key points for your reference during the lecture or use the option to take notes on the site itself. There are reference notes given along with the lectures for better understanding. The course is well designed to address the growing need to understand the clinical importance of genetics in obstetrics.
13. Will I get access to the lectures and reference material even after completing the course?
No, once you complete the course and downloaded the certificate you will not be able to access the lectures. However, if you complete the course early i.e., before 3 months, you have an option of waiting for the duration to get over, before downloading the certificate during which you will continue to have access to the training content.
14. Are there any discounts for bulk registrations?
No, there are no discounts for bulk registrations.