1. Who is conducting this training?
- This training is conducted by Dr. Prathima Radhakrishnan and Dr. Anita Kaul.
- The lectures in this training have been recorded during a special class on Genetics by a team of fetal medicine experts and Geneticists.
2. What do we get from this training?
- At the end of this training, you will learn all about genetic syndromes, the risk factors involved, likely scenarios and possible diagnosis.
- Understand the several aspects of genetic disorders through case studies, with special emphasis on prenatal diagnosis.
- Learn with the help of illustrations using clinical videos and images from actual cases.
- How to detect chromosomal abnormalities through advanced tests like MLPA, aCGH, and next generation sequencing.
- Delegates can avail optional 2-week observership and learn with live case scenarios.
- On successful completion of training program, the certificate is issued by FGi.
3. How do we benefit from this training?
- Learn all about genetic syndromes, the risk factors involved, likely scenarios and possible diagnosis
- Understand genetic disorders with related prenatal diagnosis
- Gain knowledge of advanced techniques in gene testing and identification
- Understand the role of fetal ultrasound in genetic diagnosis
4. Is this completely an online course? Do I need to attend any classes at the institute?
Yes, it is an online program and you can study from anywhere. All you need is a laptop/desktop/tablet with good internet connection. The program is available online for a duration of 3 months, from the date of enrolling. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in the 3 months duration.
5. How much time do I need to dedicate every day to the course?
The course consists of 9 lectures of 1-hour duration each. 20-30 mins of your time per day would be sufficient to complete the course comfortably. Since it is an online program you can open the site whenever you wish to study.
6. Do I get a certificate at the end of this training? If yes, will I have to download it or it will be sent to me as a hard copy?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the training after evaluation and successful completion. Yes, you can download the certificate on completion of the training, and submission of feedback
7. Will I get any certification from FMF India?
Upon course completion, you will be issued a course completion certificate by FGi.
8. What is the importance of this certificate? Is thislike an additional degree? Can I apply for credit pointsfrom this certificate at the medical council?
This course completion certificate is issued by FGi and the training being delivered by well-renowned clinical experts in the field of fetal medicine and Genetics. The training course will help you enhance your knowledge and understanding of the role of genetics in obstetrics. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
9. How long is the duration?
The duration is 3 months.
10. How many images do I have to submit? Who will evaluate these?
There is no image submission for this training.
11. What are the passing criteria?
There is no assessment for this training, hence no passing criteria.
12. Would you be providing soft copy of studymaterials /books / journals for this training?
No, since this is an online program it can be studied multiple times. You can either make a note of key points for your reference during the lecture or use the option to take notes on the site itself. There are reference notes given along with the lectures for better understanding. The course is well designed to address the growing need to understand the clinical importance of genetics in obstetrics.
13. What happens when I complete the training within the duration?
Once watch all the video lectures, you will automatically get a notification stating ‘Training Passed’. After that, you can download the training completion certificate from your account.
14. Will I get access to the lectures and reference material even after completing the training?
No, once you complete the training and download the certificate you will not be able to access the lectures. However, if you complete the training early i.e., before 3 months, you have an option of waiting for the duration to get over before downloading the certificate during which you will continue to have access to the training content.
15. Is there any observership for this program?
Yes, you can avail a 2-week observership at Bangalore. This would entail 4-full day clinic sessions covering prenatal diagnosis and pediatric Genetics, including chromosomal and single gene disorders, counseling and ethical issues. 6 days based in the Genetic laboratory for prenatal and postnatal testing of chromosomes and DNA-based tests. This course is open to doctors with a minimum of MBBS qualification. The program fee for observership is 10,000 INR.
16. Are there any discounts for bulk registrations?
No, there are no discounts for bulk registrations.
17. What comes next for meafter this training?
You can take up Fetal Ultrasound Program or Fetal Cardiac Scanning by Dr. Prathima Radhakrishnan or 3D and 4D Ultrasound in Obstetrics by Dr. Adhok Khurana as the next step to Genetics for All.